~~Portland Cross-Pollination Project!~~

..................................Check it out!!..................................

April 23, 2007

Change of plans: not joining caravan

If you have been following my journey, then you know that I had planned to spend April with the Peace Caravan in Kenya. I did spend two weeks in Nairobi, shadowing the main organizer and learning about Kenyan-style community organizing (and, well, spending a week sick in bed). But by the time the Caravan was set to begin, I realized that it didn't feel like what I was supposed to spend my time with. for reasons which I will share once I have more perspectiv

After three full months of intense connections with the activists and issues of Southern and East Africa, I just needed to slow down and BE. I realized I just needed a break from my cross-pollination journey - I was feeling tired (body and mind) and overwhelmed. So I will continue my journey south to Tanzania, to immerse myself in Swahili culture (and language) and let myself merge with the slowed down island life of Zanzibar.

No comments: